Saturday, October 27, 2007

Well, it's been a while! After Hurricane Katrina I had absolutely no unusual activity in my apartment for a while. Until recently. About a month ago, the footsteps returned. Yesterday, Susan was visiting and noticed the infamous attic door was ajar. She asked if I had opened the door recently and I hadn't. I haven't opened the attic door in at least three months, but here it was, open, deadbolt unhooked and all!
This got me wondering. My friend Dean had taken that odd photo of my from room with the column of blue light a while back (sadly, he never made me a copy) and I was pondering if I might be able to do the same. I began taking random pictures of the house with my new iPhone (love it!). Most of the photos were just photos of rooms. Except for perhaps, one...



I didn't really know what to think when I saw the image, but it seems to me that there is a face or head noticeable in the lower left corner of the mirror. I decided to enhance the pic a little. Here's what it looks like using only the "Enhance" function in iPhoto on a Mac:



And here's a picture taken from the same angle a few minutes later. As you can see, nothing unusual in it:

So what's with the "face"? A trick of the light? An iPhone abberation? Is it Marty? I don't know for sure but it does seem odd that this face would chose to make a cameo appearance in this one picture and I couldn't reproduce the results later on. I'm sure there will be more to come!

3 comments:

emt_tink said...

i like reading the stories...keep us updated

Anonymous said...

Hey! Ashley sent me a link to your site after I told her about the weird goings on in our house (my son's electronic toys acting up when no one is touching them, doors slamming, my cell phone calling my husband when I'm not in the room, door locking itself). I like your blog, and it is reassuring to know that I am not crazy and not alone! =)

Nath said...

Hey awesome blog. Just been searching for these types of blogs and found this one. Really interesting stuff.

As for the face in the mirror, i am also unsure about it. I can see the possibility of it being an apparition of a ghost's face (or marty's, for that matter. Haha.), but i'm feeling like it probably isn't.